What happened during 2016 in the mobile scene? Let’s have a look at some of the most recent mobile marketing stats in order to answer this question.
Mobile marketing stats about video content
- Youtube reports that the average viewing session on mobile is now more than 40 minutes and that more than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices (Youtube)
- Mobile Youtube video consumption rises 100% every year and 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others (Hyperfine Media)
Mobile marketing stats about m-retail sales
- During 2016, the share of m-retail (tablet + smartphones) sales completed on smartphones reached a record high in June, with 42% of sales completed on these devices. When compared with the corresponding data from the same month last year, this number reveals that smartphones have taken an additional 15% share of m-retail sales over the past year (IMRG/Capgemini)
Source: IMRG/Capgemini report, A Multichannel Growth Disparity.
- Mobile transactions accounted for between 45-61% of online retailers revenue during 2016. The app portion of this total revenue is also high, between 30-40% (Netmera)
- Sales from mobile commerce are up 40% this year (Astound Commerce)
- Push Notifications boosted mobile orders by 180% (Netmera)
Mobile marketing stats about email opens
- 71,6% of consumers will delete emails if they don’t look good on mobile (Adestra)
- In September 2016, email opens on mobile increased to 56%, desktop opens decreased to 17%, and webmail opens decreased to 27%. (Litmus)Source: Litmus Email Analytics
Keep these figures in mind while planning your mobile marketing strategy for 2017!